Firmness & Feel
The Nectar hybrid mattress is medium firm. Our team rated it a 6.5 on the mattress firmness scale. It balances moderate contouring with firm support creating a mattress that accommodates different body types and sleeping positions.
In terms of feel, the Nectar hybrid classic has more of a soft memory foam feel on top that lets you sink slowly. But the coils add some firmness and responsiveness, so you don’t feel trapped inside your mattress.
Construction & Design
Nectar Sleep now has a hybrid version for each of its all-foam mattresses. The Nectar classic hybrid is the namesake of the popular Nectar Classic mattress.
This Nectar hybrid mattress review will touch on its construction, materials, and firmness. Keep reading if you want to know who the Nectar hybrid mattress is best for and how it performs in terms of comfort, pressure relief, and temperature control.
- Height - the Nectar hybrid mattress height is 12” inches. This model has the lowest profile and most affordable price tag of all Nectar hybrid mattresses. Besides budget shoppers, this height makes the Nectar classic hybrid a great pick for people who feel more comfortable on a bed that is neither too short nor too tall.
- Cover - the Nectar hybrid mattress has a quilted cooling cover infused with Microban. Microban is a safe-to-use, EPA-approved antimicrobial that prevents the growth of bacteria, mold, fungi, and mildew. Note that the Nectar hybrid mattress cover is not removable, so it can only be spot cleaned.
- Comfort section - a 2-inch layer of gel-infused memory foam. It has a slow-moving feel. It molds to your body shape to hug your curves without allowing too much sinkage. The gel helps with temperature management by drawing heat away from you. This mattress receives a high score for its cooling abilities in most Nectar hybrid reviews.
- Transition layer - an inch of Dynamic transition layer that helps keep your spine in neutral alignment. It adds some bounce to the top layer to distribute your body weight evenly and keep you from sinking too deep into the mattress.
- Support layer - an eight-inch system of individually wrapped coils. It adds responsiveness and firmer support to the cradling comfort of the memory foam layer. The spaces between the coils also boost breathability by promoting airflow.
- Base layer - an inch of sturdy polyfoam that keeps the coil system stable. This layer also absorbs energy from the springs for reduced motion transfer.
The Nectar hybrid mattress queen size weighs 105 lbs, while the king size model weighs 128 lbs. It can be used on all bed frames and does not require flipping. All the foam layers in the Nectar classic hybrid mattress are CertiPUR-certified, meaning they are healthy and safe to sleep on.
The Nectar hybrid mattress is good for couples owing to its fantastic edge support and motion isolation. Sturdy edge support means more sleeping surface. Most people should feel more secure even when sleeping closer to the perimeter. The Nectar hybrid mattress also handles motion transfer quite well. You should be able to move or switch positions without disturbing your sleeping partner.
- Back sleepers - the Nectar classic hybrid works well for back sleepers despite their weight. It boasts a nicely balanced combination of support and comfort. The mattress gently cradles your shoulders, hips, and lower back to minimize pressure buildup while preventing over-flexion of the spine.
- Side sleepers - the Nectar hybrid mattress is a good match for most side sleepers between 130 lbs and 250 lbs. The gel-infused memory foam hugs and contours the hips and shoulders to relieve pressure. But you won’t sink in too far to feel the firm coil system. The Nectar hybrid is not ideal for heavier side sleepers because they are likely to bottom out, leading to pressure buildup around the shoulders and hips.
- Stomach sleepers - the Nectar hybrid classic mattress works well with stomach sleepers weighing below 130 lbs. As a medium-firm mattress, this model packs less support than heavy stomach sleepers need to keep their spine in a neutral alignment.
Value for your Money
The Nectar hybrid offers excellent value for the money for shoppers looking for a more affordable hybrid mattress with a medium-firm feel. By balancing comfort and support, this mattress is a worthy contender across all body types and sleeping positions. The 365-night trial period removes your fear of paying for a mattress that may not fit your sleep style and body type. The Nectar Forever Warranty and CertiPUR certification guarantee a safe and durable bed.